Monday, February 27, 2006

The 2010 Winter Olympics: Vancouver

The Winter Olympics in Turin have come to a close but I think that all of us here in the Portland metro area are excited about the next games which will be held just across the river in Vancouver in 2010. I haven't heard much hype yet regarding the next games and I am curious to see if Portland will be hosting any of the events. I'd assume that because of it's close proximity to Vancouver that we might see some events being held in or around the Portland area.

Not to say anything bad about the Couve but it seems like an odd choice for an Olympic host city. I am not even aware of any Olympic caliber sites in which any of the events could be held. Unless they are planning on building venues from the ground up, specifically to host the Olympic games.

In any case, it will bring a lot of business and publicity to the entire area and I am sure that all of us will be jazzed and get behind it. It's going to be cool seeing the parade of athletes and watching the flame burn bright above the city of Vancouver.

Eh, wait a second. Okay, my bad but apparently I was just told that the 2010 Winter Olympics are being held in Vancouver, British Columbia and NOT Vancouver, Washington. Silly me.

1 Comments:

At 2/27/2006 4:59 PM, Blogger George said...

Don't feel bad about it. I had exactly the same reaction: "Vancouver? Kewl!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Royalty Free Images