Saturday, December 17, 2005

First Amendment Rights: Doing It Proper

This morning I walked down to the main post office in Beaverton because I had some last minute gifts to mail and on the corner, just across from the Planned Parenthood offices was a small group of anti-abortion protesters. Before I continue, let me state that I am pro-choice. Anyhow, what impressed me was the fact that they made no attempts to block the sidewalk or to stop people to get them to listen to their agenda. They just had a simple anti-abortion sign and they all held rosaries and were quietly saying Hail Mary's. Their little assembly sent a clear message relaying their views and at the same time, any of us who did not agree were not being subjected to the typical assault that a lot of these protest groups like to use.

Whomever you people are, I just want to say that even though I do not agree with you, I was very impressed with the way you conducted yourselves today and maybe other groups out there should learn by your example and understand that sometimes the best way to get your point across is not to use radical tactics and chaos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Royalty Free Images