Saturday, January 21, 2006

You Gotta Love The Humor On Craigslist

Damn skippy, it's Mr. Viddy's time to point out the joys of reading the Portland craigslist. Today I want to talk about the humor I find in the used car section. Just today I saw a gem. Man selling an older GMC Suburban for $3000. Based on his general description I'd drop the three grand for the Suburban if it was in really good condition all around and a 4 x 4 but this one is only 2WD and has a blown head gasket and who knows what else. Damn, he sounds like he is doing you the favor for taking your cash and allowing you the privilege of repairing the engine.

Another ad was for an older Volkswagon GTI, and again the price was reasonable for a fully functioning vehicle but this had numerous engine and drive train issues. Again the seller words the ad so it sounds like he is doing you a favor for allowing you to take his non-running vehicle and get it repaired.


And the final one, which is going to make me sound totally heartless is the ad from the poor, desperate single mother who only has a little bit of money or none at all, throwing away any bit of dignity or self-respect to beg for a used vehicle. Boo-freaking-hoo. I have been a single parent with full custody of my children since they were babies and I know the struggle but I've never begged or degraded myself. Work hard and save up, it is not always easy but you chose to have kids now do the hard work it takes to survive as a single parent and don't come begging for a car.

1 Comments:

At 1/22/2006 9:47 AM, Blogger Mr. Viddy said...

I agree, the Casual Encounters section turns up some real gut busters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Royalty Free Images