Tuesday, May 02, 2006

You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have Nob Hill

Photo by Patrick Valdez

It was a beautiful morning here in Albuquerque so I decided to bike up to the post office and then over to the Starbuck's on
Nob Hill to treat myself to my usual, a quad espresso. After that, I biked around the area and ran into a couple of interesting characters.

On the corner of Central and Carlisle I stopped to take some photos and at the light I hear this threatening voice say, "you'd better not be taking my picture." And there in an older, red Thunderbird was this grubby looking white trash dude giving me the evil eye. Sorry dude, you are not exactly what could be described as photogenic.

And not five minutes later as I am aiming my lens up the street to take some shots of the buildings comes strolling this guy straight out of a '70's B-movie. Big afro, big eyeglasses and he kind of looked like Donald Sutherland. Anyhow, he didn't say anything to me but again I got the stare like he thought I was going to take his picture as well.

Some people are just fucking nuts. The least of your worries is me taking your picture. In case you didn't realize it, there are video cameras all over the place, recording you whether you like it or not. The bank, the ATM machine, grocery stores, you name it. Another thing, try some common courtesy. For the most part, I try not to be intrusive when I am out doing my photography. If you think that I may get you in one of my shots, just ask and I will gladly recompose the shot to leave you out of it.

All in all it was a good morning and I thoroughly enjoyed my ride. Nob Hill is not unlike the Pearl District or Trendy-third in Portland and it is filled with a variety of people. Some nice and pleasant, some not so much. But you take the good with the bad.

Tagged For: * *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Royalty Free Images