Saturday, January 14, 2006

How Google Disappointed A Loyal User

Oh Google, you have begun to disappoint me. Me, a loyal supporter of your services. I was very happy when I noticed that Google Video began to offer episodes of one of my favorite TV programs, The Twilight Zone, but so disappointed when I discovered that this pay service is only available to Windows users. True, I do have both Mac and PC's in the home but my primary computer is Mac and I don't want to have to move equipment around just to watch old episodes of The Twilight Zone. What a bummer.

I understand that Google wants to be everything to everyone but this is a bad way to start. And it's not just Google Video that excludes me. I am also a fan of Picassa and Google Earth but there it is again, Windows only.

I am not a powerful or influential man but I do spend a fair amount of time encouraging people I know to take advantage of new technology and services available via the internet but when a company excludes a portion of the potential market it can be upsetting. I am not going to protest over this but I do hope Google makes some changes soon and perhaps realizes that they don't have to create their own proprietary DRM and media player for Google Video and also, there are plenty of bi-system users like me who want cross platform availability.

2 Comments:

At 1/14/2006 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a Mac version of Google Earth now (finally):

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/28838

 
At 1/16/2006 2:35 PM, Blogger Andy said...

Google's search capabilities have kinda gone down the toilet (imho) in the last 6-12 months too. I used to use google to purposefully search through the sludge of the net ("slearching" if you will) for totally obscure bits of info. Now, it seems that google always turns up the same stupid message boards and big name sites. Sure, you get the small ones, but they just aren't as wierd as they used to be.

Where art thou sloogle?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Royalty Free Images