Friday, January 27, 2006

Point and Shoot Digital Camera Dilemma

In just two short months I will be relocating to Albuquerque, New Mexico. I will be using the move as an opportunity to get what I hope to be some really great photographs. I will be driving down there and plan on making the trip in a comfortable 4 days of driving time.

My current dilemma is deciding on which make and model of point and shoot digital camera to purchase for the trip. I already own a dSLR but I want something that will be easy to use and that can be kept out at all times without having to fear it being stolen.

I am currently looking into the Panasonic DMC-FZ20 or an Olympus E-20N which are both good quality, 5 megapixel cameras that can be had for a good price used. There are a couple of other contenders, such as the Sony DSC-F828 and the Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom and they are 8 megapixel cameras.

Seeing as how I will be more interested in more of a photojournalistic approach to documenting my travels, a higher quality, dSLR will not be necessary. And also having been on many lengthy road trips in the past, I know all to well how beat up equipment can get during the trip.

4 Comments:

At 1/28/2006 11:50 PM, Blogger Mr. Viddy said...

I am going to enjoy life in the desert for a while. Oregon is beginning to bore me. Also, lofts is Albuquerque are so much cheaper than the jank ass Pearl District.

 
At 1/31/2006 1:33 AM, Blogger johnny_mango said...

I say get something with a big zoom. Lots of birds, animals, and wide horizons. I use a Nikon coolpix 4800...4mpx and 8.3 optical zoom. No image stabilization however. Now that WOULD be nice.

 
At 1/31/2006 1:44 AM, Blogger Mr. Viddy said...

It looks like I am taking the advice you both gave, image stabilization and the Panasonic.

 
At 2/04/2006 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Albacracky!

Are you high...
why would you move to Jew Mexico?(not a typo)

Do you believe all that is written on the "Duke City Fix" about Albuquerque? It is all fluff, with nice photos.

I have noticed that DCF has yet to post the "BAD AREAS" of Albuquerque. Wonder why?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Royalty Free Images