Saturday, March 11, 2006

Bikes On MAX

Over on BikePortland.org they had a post regarding bikes on MAX trains. Now I love their site so I didn't want to post my true feelings about the subject on their site and cause a bunch of arguments but this is my house over here and I wanted to give you my views on the subject.

First off, MAX is public transportation and not anyone's personal people mover so when bringing a bike on board it is your sole responsibility to keep an eye on it. Not mine or another rider, you. I'm really sorry if your attention span is too narrow or you can't handle riding the MAX without falling asleep or needing to read a book. When I have hooked my bike up on the train I have always stayed right next to it. Another thing, the bike hangers are pretty stable in most situation but I have been on board MAX and seen bikes sway and hit another rider or even fall off the hook onto somebody else so that is why you need to be next to your bike.

As for locking your bike on MAX. Why? As mentioned above, you should have your eyes on the bike and not let yourself get distracted. This is as bad as the people with young children who get on and then fail to supervise their kids. I remember seeing one young child step off the MAX at the wrong stop and almost get left behind because the tweaky mother was to spun out to realize it.

But back to bikes on MAX. Take some personal responsibility and stop being so goddamn lazy and watch your bike and any other piece of personal property you lazy bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Royalty Free Images