Sunday, January 15, 2006

I Was Enjoying Pinot Noir Before The Movie Was Released

I had some jank ass bastard tell me the other day that I was buying that bottle of pinot noir because I must have seen the movie Sideways. Damn, that was a bold statement to make to a perfect stranger. Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Paul Giamatti and Thomas Haden Church but I was chugging down pinot noir long before the movie, so don't try and revise my personal drinking history just because YOUR life revolves around pop culture trends.

I ain't no stinking wine snob either. I drink what I like regardless of the season, occasion or meal. I am drinking some pinot noir right now as I am blogging. I'd drink at work if it were allowed and believe me I have brought up that topic during many a team meeting. But going back to buddy boy at the market. He got me riled up something fierce but I maintained my composure. No need risking arrest over the comment of some ignorant fool. And if I am not mistaken I think he was purchasing some nasty malt liquor beverage. The nerve of him!

So remember, next time you see someone buying some type of food item or alcoholic beverage don't jump to the conclusion that they were motivated to do so because of a movie, book or episode of the Real World.

Tagged For: * *

2 Comments:

At 1/15/2006 11:18 PM, Blogger LeLo said...

But if you weren't buying Merlot, that was because you saw the movie Sideways, right?







Just kidding. ;) Try a nice Western Australian Shiraz next time...

 
At 1/15/2006 11:21 PM, Blogger Mr. Viddy said...

Amen sister. Don't even get me started on Merlot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Royalty Free Images