Sunday, January 15, 2006

A Rant Against Selling Your Car On Craigslist

This rant is aimed at those psychotic and/or delusional sellers on the Portland craigslist who are selling vehicles at least 20 years old with varying degrees of mechanical/body problems. People you must explain to me how you can set a price on the upper end of the scale for an older vehicle with problems like windshield wipers inoperative, bumper smashed, windows leak, leaks tranny fluid, quarter panel smashed, interior ripped and other major and minor problems. And then to top it all off you state that the price is FIRM even though you are stating you really need the money. The statement that really set me off was the guy selling the 1985 BMW 535i with multiple cosmetic and mechanical problems selling his car for about $500 more than it would be worth in perfect condition and he says, "i will not go less than $1500. the only reason i'm settling on that low of a price is because i need the money NOW! the price is firm."

Wow. Listen buddy, as the old saying goes, beggars can't be choosers. If you are so damned hard up for money don't be so firm on the price of your old beater.

1 Comments:

At 1/28/2006 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup. Those ppl are annoying. I ignore them. I got my 4runner on craigslist last year- still am in LOVE. The truck was bought in 1995 at beaverton toyota and serviced there its -whole- life (just 1 owner), with a rebuilt head and new clutch; so I know I won't have to do those anytime soon. I got a beautiful machine for a really decent price. Don't give up on craigslist so quick, ya just have to search 'em out.

I also got my desk, trendy european bed, ikea couch, gorgeous chair, and some stereo equipment all on craigslist too. I love that s.f. bald guy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Royalty Free Images