Wednesday, January 04, 2006

When Cartoons Influence Your Judgement

It may be pure coincidence or perhaps I am just a nut but it dawned on me that I am following a vicious pattern in my life. As most Portlander's know, this is the home of the creator of "The Simpsons" and to be perfectly honest, when I first moved here many years ago I was not entirely familiar with that fact. Now I am considering a move to Albuquerque, New Mexico and it has come to my attention that the creator of another cartoon series, "Beavis and Butthead" lived there and like Matt Groenig did with Portland and The Simpsons, Mike Judge based a lot of the characters and geography off of Albuquerque.

It is a bit scary that I am finding myself drawn to cities with such strong ties to cartoons. Does this mean I am slowly losing my grip on reality and in doing so purposely seeking out real places that also exist in animated realities? Or is it all a coincidence? Madness ensues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Royalty Free Images