Monday, January 02, 2006

SAD: Seasonal Affective Disorder and Mr. Viddy

Mr. Viddy has resided in the Pacific Northwest, more specifically in the Beaverton area, for over seven years. Mr. Viddy came from the Sunshine State, which is better known as Florida. Mr. Viddy has learned the hard way what seasonal affective disorder is.

Mr. Viddy is not a big fan of any form of drugs, even prescription medication. And light therapy is just not the same as genuine sunshine so for the better part of the year I am not very happy. Mr. Viddy spends an inordinate amount of time dreaming about sunny climates. Unfortunately, Oregon is truly a beautiful place so it is difficult considering a move to a sunnier climate.

New Mexico is looking pretty good right now, Mr. Viddy has been there many times and it is very similar in most respects to the Portland metro area. If I were to leave the Portland area I'd definitely miss the panhandlers and battery salesmen down on Pioneer Square and if I were lucky, when I got to my new home I could look forward to having many bicycles stolen from me as I have experienced here.

But for now, Mr. Viddy is still deep in the throes of SAD and is unable to ponder a relocation at this time due to his crippling depression.

T33L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Royalty Free Images