Friday, March 24, 2006

The Long Arm of MADD and Drunken Texans and the Evil That Men Do, But Women Can Drink As Much As Some Men

Now it makes sense. What am I talking about you ask? I am talking about the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission sending undercover hooch cops into bars to arrest and fine people caught drunk in public, even if they have not left the building. I was pondering why Texas would begin such an operation and then I read that this has the backing and full support of MADD. Grieving mothers, I can sympathize with them. They have lost children to drunks but I cannot agree with sending undercover operatives into public establishments and then arresting people who they feel have had too much to drink.

I'd support DUI checkpoints, I'd even support positioning officers outside of drinking establishments to check on people leaving a bar to see if they are too inebriated to function but it chaps my hide that they are doing this undercover, on the down low and they have not mentioned what the criteria is for determining how drunk is too drunk. Are they going to do spot breathalyzer tests or will it be discretionary based on how the officers feels?

Texas, rethink this fiasco and come back to me when you have a better system in place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Royalty Free Images