Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Duke City or Death City?

Three homicides in two days, what the hell is this all about Albuquerque? And the motivation for one of the killings was the exchange of threatening looks between the victim and his killers. Meaningless violence, plain and simple. The suspects if found guilty should be taken out in the desert and buried alive. Normally I am not a person who advocates violence but once a person decides to stop acting like a decent human being then I see no need to make any gestures of civility towards them.

You can read the original story here from KOB-TV: Third Homicide...

What frightens me the most whenever I hear about a random killing is the fact that it can happen to anyone at any time. It is not quite the same as a retaliation killing or revenge where at least the suspect and victim were somehow connected. And in the case of the one victim who was killed over an exchange of glances, how many of us have inadvertently given a stranger a dirty look? I know that I have and it is obviously enough to cause some people to kill over.

I suppose the shock of these recent killings will wear off shortly and I am definitely going to continue to make the best of life here in Albuquerque but I will most certainly make myself more aware of my surroundings and live with the fact that there are some seriously disturbed people in the world.

Tagged For: * *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Royalty Free Images