Friday, April 07, 2006

Bike Albuquerque: The Bad

Today ended Mr. Viddy's first week as a new resident of Albuquerque and for the most part everyone I have met has been very kind and friendly. Until this afternoon.

It was my great displeasure to have found myself wandering into the Bike Coop located on Central Avenue. In Portland and Beaverton the bike shops were not always the most accommodating places but in general they acknowledged your presence when you walked through the door. But not at the Bike Coop.

This afternoon I stopped in because I needed a new seatpost for my mountain bike, not a big ticket item I realize but still there were only me and one other customer in the shop. The dude with the foreign accent was a total asshole who failed to give me the time of day while I waited to ask about the seatpost. For all he knew I may have been there to purchase a new road bike, which I will be getting soon but for whatever reason I was invisible to him.
The terrible service I received today will ensure that I will never again be visiting the Bike Coop.

I'll travel down the road to Bike World, near the UNM campus. Bike World was attentive and helpful even though I was only buying a $15.00 seatpost.
Bike Coop, a terrible place to shop in my humble opinion.

Tagged For: * *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Royalty Free Images