Sunday, June 25, 2006

Today's White Trash Moment

It's 7:30am this morning and I have just walked out of the Smith's store on Constitution and Carlisle in Albuquerque. I am standing at the bike rack at the main entrance when I hear the store alarm go off. And what do I see? Running out the door is this pudgy white dude in jeans and an old white t-shirt carrying several items, among them was two 40 oz. bottles of some sort of cheap malt liquor. (Old 8 perhaps?) He ran across the parking lot, tossed everything into the open window of the car to his passenger and sped off. Two store employees ran after him, and even though they did not catch this idiot they did get his complete license number off his car.

I'm thinking to myself, what kind of idiot is so desperate and stupid that he risks going to jail for a couple of bottles of cheap ass malt liquor? They have your face on the security tapes and they have your license number and vehicle description. Eventually APD is going to be calling on you and hopefully you'll do some time. Not just for stealing but for being such a stupid asshole.

I never personally witnessed such behavior when I was in Portland even though I heard about it quite a bit, and now I have seen it firsthand.

It's incredible what you can see this early in the morning. Hey dude, hope it was worth it.

Tagged For: * *

3 Comments:

At 8/04/2006 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at wal-mart when I was a kid and I went to get popcorn while my mom waited on the bench for me and a shoplifter literally jumped over her to run away.

 
At 8/04/2006 6:17 PM, Blogger Mr. Viddy said...

My only fear was that the guy looked stupid enough to be packing a gun, luckily he just drove away.

 
At 8/06/2006 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the same thing at the same Smiths a few months ago except the "perp" was stealing a couple of steaks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Royalty Free Images