Sunday, March 26, 2006

The Church of Christ And How It Relates To The Matthew Winkler Slaying

In my previous post regarding the motivations of "Bloody" Mary Winkler who savagely gunned down her husband Matthew who was a minister with the Church of Christ I received several responses from people who are members of the Church. To set the record straight, I do not personally believe that the Church of Christ in any way influenced Mary Winkler. Meaning this, I do not think Church members directly influenced her actions and by no means do I believe that they condoned such a vile act.

This was obviously the case of an unstable woman who just happened to me a member of a religious organization I do not want my readers to think that I am drawing a connection between the two. I must confess that I do not have much knowledge of the Church of Christ but I have not seen anything that would lead me to believe that this is a cult-like organization that would sanction a murder of one of it's members.

Time will tell what motivated "Bloody" Mary Winkler to commit murder. At this junction in time however, it is too early to speculate if she did indeed have a justification. I am looking forward to the court proceedings to see how each side spins this crime.

Tagged For: * *

4 Comments:

At 3/27/2006 8:41 AM, Blogger Nancy French said...

I am a former CoC and it would certainly not condone such a thing. It's pretty mainstream, although perhaps more conservative than a typical church.

 
At 3/27/2006 8:44 AM, Blogger Mr. Viddy said...

Yes, as I stated it would appear that Mary Winkler acted on her own and it would not be proper to place blame on the church.

 
At 3/27/2006 9:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am a member of a more liberal COC in Jackson, TN. John Mehr, the investigator with the TBI is a member of our church. My wife's best friend's husband is an assiatant attorney with the DA's office. He's a member of North Jackson COC. So there are many connections in this case.

BTW, John is an excellent investigator. The fact that there have been no leaks out of his office speaks volumes about their professionalism. John knows the facts. He's just not letting anyone know at this time.

 
At 3/27/2006 10:02 PM, Blogger Mr. Viddy said...

I suppose that it is refreshing to see an agency keep an investigation under wraps instead of sensationalising it like some towns would.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Royalty Free Images