Friday, March 31, 2006

Albuquerque: Day One

The morning began just fine in Grand Junction, Colorado. Mr. Viddy and family awoke bright and early to begin our final leg into New Mexico. I should have known something would be amiss when we began the climb up Red Mountain Pass just outside of Ouray, Colorado. Apparently they had been doing some blasting to prevent avalanches and as a result we found ourselves stopped dead in our tracks along with about a dozen other cars and trucks just past the top of the mountain. We waited on the road for about an hour while they cleared a path on the roadway for traffic.

Finally, we entered the Duke City at about 8 o'clock this evening and we settled into our hotel for the night. All was going smooth until Mr. Viddy's son asked to go and get some items out of the truck. When he returned to the room and I asked for the keys back, you guessed it. He locked the keys in the truck. Right there, in plain view on the drivers side seat were my only set of keys for the truck.

Being a crafty devil, I attempted to learn how to pop a car door lock on the internet but I just couldn't get it done. So I finally broke down and called a locksmith. I just got back with keys in hand and $52 poorer but it beats the hell out of putting a brick through the window.

And that was Albuquerque, Day One.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Royalty Free Images